Initial Setup- Add Google Drive as a Search Engine
- Right-click on the Omnibox (address bar/URL) in Chrome.
- Select Edit Search Engines.
- Scroll to the bottom of the search engine list.
- Add Google Drive as shown. Give the search engine a name (in this case, we called it "Google Drive"), a keyword (we used "drive"), and then enter the url: https://drive.google.com/#search/%s.
- Click the Done button.
Putting it to Use
- In the address bar, type "drive" or whatever you used for your keyword when you set this up.
- Press the space bar or the tab key.
- Then type in your search words and/or parameters.
- Then hit the enter/return key. Chrome will open Google Drive in the tab where you performed the search and will search your Drive with the keywords and parameters you stated.